Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Watch this bump grow.... AGAIN!

If anyone knows me.... You know I am obsessed with pictures and documenting, I love being pregnant, and I love baby bumps. (I know.... I'm weird!! I'm very aware of this.) Hence the blog posts of my bumps come about. This is round two... sweet Hadley growing in my belly :)

1st Trimester:
We had been trying for this little sweet pea. I REALLY didn't think were getting pregnant in December and we had kind of decided to just put it off until the new year and just enjoy the holidays.  
Christmas day: I felt normal and awesome all morning. By the afternoon I had a HORRIBLE headache. And by that night I hated life! I felt like I was on those stinking teacups (you know... the ride at amusement parks where you spin and spin and spin some more until you are sick? yeah,... I hate those things!!) and everything was spinning even when I was laying down, and I was beyond nauseous! I went to bed early and thought I had caught a bug. *Remember- I did not get sick with Collin at all so I wouldn't even know what morning sickness felt like*. I did have a slight thought that that's what it could have been and found myself googling how fast you could feel morning sickness- then pushed the thought aside thinking there was NO WAY it would hit me that soon.

The entire next week I felt pretty horrible. Headaches, nausea, fatigue. I knew it was just a bug but still took a couple pregnancy tests that week in hopes that's what it was- all came back negative. 

New Years Day: my belly was poking out (no joke!) and I LOOKED pregnant. Granted- I would have only been like 4 weeks and you are NOT suppose to be "showing" that soon. I think I was just bloated from all the holiday food but hey- I had one test left in my box and decided to take it while everyone was down stairs chillin' out and Collin was napping.  Welp- we all know what the final result was there.

We were all so so SOOOOOO excited!! But yes- I knew exactly how this 1st trimester was going to go. NOTHING like my first pregnancy.

Pretty much from day one- the 1st trimester was a lot rougher this go around.  I never felt "great" but weeks 7-11 were by far the worst!. It was a task for me to move from my bed to the couch... and yes, I had a 1.5 year old.  That doesn't mix.  But thank heavens for an AWESOME little boy who loves watching movies and reading books.... and we got creative with play time (our favorite thing to do was for me to shoot darts and he would giggle and go fetch them and bring them back to me.... and that would go on for hours. what?! you treated your toddler like a dog? Why yes, yes I did.). And also- thank goodness for an awesome hubby! He worked, cleaned the house, made dinner, and took care of Collin once he got home at 3 those 4 weeks. Yep- he is AWESOME! And yep- I felt like the worst mom and wife... and so worthless! But we made it through those rough weeks!

My cravings were also opposite.  With Collin I wanted fruit- and lots of it. This time I wanted salty- I could have eaten an entire tub of pub mix and a box of white cheddar cheez-its every.single.day!!! mmmmm!!!! Jolly ranchers saved my life (helped with the nausea some how? don't ask.)

Also- weight gain was opposite.  My first pregnancy I lost 15lbs. Yeah---- def didn't lose ANYTHING this time! My uterus recognized those hormones and expanded RIGHT away!  
(8 Weeks)
(10 weeks)
(12 weeks)

2nd Trimester:
I was back to feeling great.. and remembered why I love being pregnant. This trimester was actually very similar in both pregnancies.  Energy was back up.... belly started to slowly form into a baby bump rather than a beer-belly-look-a-like... we found out we were having a GIRL!!.... felt baby move (she was a gymnast!!), AND did I mention I was not sick at all? Man.... I love this trimester!

Food cravings were cereal and rocky road ice cream!! Mmmmm!! Lucky charms!! Mmmm! Cinnamon toast crunch!
 (14 weeks)
(16 weeks)
(18 weeks)
 (20 weeks)
 (20 weeks- it's a girl!!)

(20 weeks)
 (22 weeks)
(24 weeks)
(26 weeks)
3rd Trimester:
This was a crazy/blurry/whirlwind of a trimester. I honestly don't remember much of this triemester... and it was cut early as I delivered our sweet pea at 36 weeks.  For the most part (minus the last week) I felt good. Still loved being pregnant, still had a tiny bit of energy. Enough anyway. By 7 I was in the bath and "done" for the day. Round ligament pain was in full effect! Back pain... and peeing every 10 seconds were also on the agenda for this trimester (seriously- up at least 7 times a night using the bathroom)... but for the most part, it wasn't bad at all! 

Food cravings...... fruity and gummy. Definitely sugary junk food is what I craved! I did have gestational diabetes (more coming on that) so I had to be very careful with my diet and most of my cravings were never satisfied (insert sad face). However, I did only gain about 6lbs this trimester where I would have most likely gained like 30 if I wasn't counting carbs... so for that  I am grateful! But man.... give me a freaking doughnut!!  

Aw: sweet Hadley girl grew like a champ, these last few weeks... am I right?!?
 (28 weeks)
(32 weeks)
(32 weeks)
(34 weeks)
 (34 weeks- maternity pictures from the awesome Kayla Kitt's Photography)
 (36 weeks)
 (36 weeks- the day I went to the hospital to have our sweet girl!)

Welp- there it is! Baby Girl Fitz's journey and transformation in my bellay! A fast post for a fast pregnancy! I love being pregnant and everything about pregnancy fascinates me. I mean, like..... what??!! Seriously, think about it? It's nuts! I legit made a real human (well- with Erik's help, of course)... with a complex brain, a beating heart, and other vital organs!! Crazy! I love feeling baby moving inside me... I love Erik's eyes light up every time he felt her kick, I love knowing she was ALWAYS with me. I am so, so, soooooo grateful I get to experience all of this! It was ALL equally as amazing, exciting, and life changing the second time around! 

This was pregnancy number 2 in a nutshell. I left the crazy (and it was CRAZY) parts out but I will be doing a separate post for all that soon! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment