Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Washington- Part 1

Summer of 2011 was epic!! We took of an entire month of work, and played. Pretty sweet right? We took off July 14th, and landed in Seattle.  Erik's mom picked us up from the airport, we went to lunch with her and the boys.  Showered, changed, got Erik's dad's brand new mustang (yes, he is the greatest) and headed to Moses Lake (about a 3 hour drive from Seattle).  In Moses Lake we met up with some great friends to catch up and enjoy our FAVORITE Mexican Restaurant "Inca".  It was a blast (such a blast, this was the only picture captured of the night).  

Erik and his baseball buddies (my buddies too) Brady and Jameson. I love catching up with old friend!
After we stuffed ourselves and engaged in hours long "remember when...." conversations, we anxiously hopped back in car and headed to Othello (about 25 minutes away) to visit with my sister Crystal, brother-in-law Scott, and 2 nieces!! I love my nieces.... I'm so glad they let us stay the weekend with them!! 

We spent the night talking, laughing and catching up with Scott and Crystal.  It was an awesome day.  The next morning we had another busy day.  This is (unfortunately) my only picture of my nieces (and poor Olivia is cut out).  Aubrey is telling "Prince Erik" about her teachers, school, and life. She is so adorable and smart!! I could've have spent the whole time with them!! Olivia is as crazy as ever and was always saying "Hey watch me" as she would perform some awesome "tricks".  
After spending some time with my nieces, Erik drove me up to Tri-cities (about 45 minutes away from my sisters----> we did lots of driving!).  I met up with one of my best friends, Erin Skaug- who was getting married that weekend (I was one of her bridesmaids) and the rest of the girls who were in her wedding.  We spent the afternoon get pedicures, manicures, facials, and massages.  It was awesome!!

From there, we all went off to rehearsal.  It was a perfect day, and the location was at a beautiful vineyard.  It was fun seeing all of Erin's family (I love all of them), catching up with old friends, and seeing Erin and her hubby-to-be so in love and happy. I just love weddings!!
After rehearsal, we were off to rehearsal dinner.  Dinner was held at Erin's in-laws, and was catered by a delicious Mexican restaurant (good think we love Mexican food!).  It was fun to just hang out, shoot dart guns, and enjoy good company and weather. 

Her is a picture of me and the beautiful bride, Erin. I love her!! We were always called "Bert and Ernie" growing up together.  She makes me smile :).  Erin is one of those girls who is constantly laughing (even if it's an awkward situation).  She has always been boy crazy, and bit "blonde" and a little "out there".... but that is why we all love Erin.  Erin is one of the most beautiful girls I know, and she doesn't even know it- I think that makes her that much more beautiful.  And.... she can burp louder than any guy I know! Haha---- I love my Ernie!
My handsome husband and I at the rehearsal dinner.  I love this man more than anything in the world! I'm much happier when spending time with him.  He was such a troo
My most favorite couple (besides us, of course)!!!! My best friend Whitney and her husband Cody!! I love them. They are hilarious, adorable, and so much fun to be around. They are moving to Denver this summer (13 hours closer to us---- yay!!!).
My besties!! Erin, Whitney, and myself.  We were called the "three stooges" in middle school- by teachers, family, friends, and anyone who knew us.  We were inseparable, and to a point- one in the same. I remember one week in seventh grade, we all showed up to school- Erin had a nose cast (yes, they make those!) because she got her face smashed by a softball--- literally crushed all the bones in her nose and had to have reconstructive surgery (she wasn't paying attention at practice).  Whitney had a brace around her midsection with multiple broken ribs- again, from softball.... I think from sliding into second base, but I could be wrong.  I had a cast from the top of my pinky and ring finger, all the way down my wrist- I was playing basketball with the boys and "jammed" (aka broke) both fingers on my right hand in weird spots.  
After a great day, Erik and I were back at my sisters enjoying her and her family.  Erik played some Xbox with Scott, I chatted with Crysti and my nieces practiced their ninja moves.  Perfect way to end our night!

The next day (we are to Saturday if you are keeping up), was the BIG day!! I got up early and headed back to Tri-cities.  I met all the girls at the vineyard and spent the morning getting our hair and make-up done and helping set up for the special event.  





Erin looked beautiful.  The venue was beautiful.  The flowers (her aunt is a florist) were the most beautiful flowers and arrangements I had ever seen! Ryan (the groom) had the perfect look in his eyes when he saw Erin walking down the aisle.  It was comforting to see them so in love, and to witness Ryan head of heals in love with Erin, and Erin completely adored by someone (she deserves it, and we did not know Ryan before this weekend--- so we were a little skeptical and protective). We already knew Erin was obsessed and completely consumed with love for this man.  It was a beautiful ceremony!
Then----> the party began!! The reception was a blast, the food was delicious, the dance floor was popping, fireworks went off, and there was just the right amount of tears (during the toast) and laughter (the rest of the night) to make it a perfect wedding day!



Did I mention I love weddings?? They are always filled with so much love and happiness.  I'm so glad Erik was there to share this amazing day with my friends and myself!

Thanks to my sister for letting me crash at her house for the weekend--- even if we were in and out the whole time! I love spending time with them.... I can't get enough of my nieces!!

And thanks to Ernie for letting me share this special day with her (and for spoiling me the entire weekend!!).  

It was an awesome start to our vacation.....
To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment