Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Washington- Part 2

After returning home Sunday evening from wedding festivities- we switched out the suitcases and dresses for duffle bags, swim suits and sweatshirts (yes, we were in Washington--- you need both!). Then it was off to the other side of the mountain, again (Lake Alta- near Chelan), to go camping with this guy.....
 Erik's dad- Dan the man!! I love this man. He is one of the greatest men I know.  He his an awesome dad, and his kids are the center of his life. He has called me his daughter from day one, and has treated me just like one.  He gives the best advice, always wants to have a good time, and has taught me what it is like to be completely selfless.  He will give everything of himself just to make someone else happy. He is a great guy! We love you Dan!!

 Aunt Sandy (Dan's sister), uncle Carl, and cousin Breanna also joined us for a week at the lake.  I love this family too! I am so blessed with awesome "in-laws" (they are my family... I don't look at them any other way).  It was so much fun to spend a week relaxing with them- they are the best conversationalist and it was nice to spend time with uncle Carl before he left for Iraq. 
ThuVan hates pictures- so this is the best I have. Erik's step mom is awesome! I can't brag about Erik's family enough- they are all great..... especially to me!! ThuVan calls me "princess" (obviously I love her haha). She is also the most easy going lady I know (and I'm pretty laid back myself... so we get along great). She is also very sweet and loves the boys and the rest of this family very much!
Here is a group picture of all of us "kids".  It was Erik, myself, his brother Mark (in the back), his brother Brett (front and center- of course :)), his step brother Dustin (looking down sad haha, don't ask), his step brother Daylan (the cute one with the glasses), his cousin Breanna (next to me), and her friend Mia (in the pink).  Erik's friend Cole, and his cousin also joined us for the week--- but I guess we did not have a picture with them.  It was a fun group!!


Our week consisted of swimming, playing out on the rafts, laying out on the beach, relaxing, and chatting.



 One of my favorite days there was the day with the crappiest weather! We got up and had breakfast, and then a HUGE storm hit.  It was windy and pouring down rain with thunder and lightening every where.  We all took cover in our own tents and after about an hour and nothing slowing down- us "older" kids decided we needed to take action.  We gather all 5 brothers, Cole and his cousin (yes, 7 boys and me--- usually how it is with his family) into our tent and decided we had to make our own fun.  We played truth or dare, cards, poker.... anything you could think of (without the entertainment of TVs or computers, or phones----- the beauty of camping!!).  Once the rains let up a bit, we threw on sweatshirts and continued our fun down at the lake (lots more dares to come up with down there).  It was so much fun, and a great opportunity to bond with our new step brothers that we have only met a few times!! *And they are hilarious!!! FYI*
 Once the sun started to come down, we would head to the park and play football, wiffle ball, home-run derby, cards..... help out with dinner and get the fire going... you know.... camping stuff!


 *Wouldn't be camping without smores*

 The rest of our nights would end in us sitting around the fire talking and laughing (you laugh a lot with this group!). They would also spend their time telling me about bears the rangers had spotted in the area, or the rattle snake someone saw on the trail to the rest rooms--- and then all go along with it to scare me because they all know I am the most gullible person ever!! I think they like having a girl around for a change (at least that is what I tell myself). 
I love my husband!! It was such a fun and relaxing week for us!!

The guys!

The gang!

We love camping!! Nothing better than being outdoors..... no distractions from the outside world! Nothing but family, fun, sun, and awesome memories.  It was, indeed, a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment