Sunday, February 28, 2010

Called to serve

I'm sure you've all heard...... brother got his mission call....... Yep..... to Barcelona Spain!!! It's the exact mission my dad served 20-some years ago!!! It's not a common thing for father and son to serve the same area, but it is definitely cool. My aunt (who Kade lives with) made a board over the past few weeks and had friends and family guess where we all thought Kade would go. I think a lot of us were thinking (and hoping) for Spain. On Wednesday.... Kade received "the letter".... which he knew was his mission call. It contained when he was leaving, and where he would be serving for the next 2 years. He called all of us and let us know he had it in his hand..... and he was going crazy!! But he decided to wait to open it until the evening at 7:15 when my parents were home, and some family members were over to celebrate with him. He had about 20 family members there.... and my family here on speaker phone.

Dear Elder Montoya,
You have been called to serve in the Spain Barcelona Mission. You are to report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on July 7, 2010!!! Blah Blah Blah Blah (no disrespect.... those are all good "blahs").
Here is a few thoughts from family members:

Mom- "I'm excited he's going where his dad went exactly 30 years ago"

Dad- "I'm excited he's going to the place I served 30 years ago. I'm sure he's going to love and honor the people of Spain as I do. I'm excited he's going to be an ambassador of the church. And I've already made some phone calls to some people in Spain and they are excited for him."

Kelsy- "I'm proud of him for once in my life"

Robin- "I'm excited he's leaving"

Erik- "Little Kade is growing up. I'm happy for you bud. Good luck!"

Rachelle is at work..... but I've talked to her and she's also very excited! (she's going to spain in a few weeks). And Crysti and Scott posted about this on their blog ("The Harris Family".... scottandcrystal.blogspot.com)

We are so excited for you brother! We love you.... and look forward to the few months we have with you before you leave! Oh yeah.... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for Kade! He is going to be awesome. Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kelsy's comment. Its crazy he's going to Spain. I'm so excited for him.

    ReplyDelete