Sunday, February 21, 2010

Friendship is the most constant, the most enduring, to most basic part of love. ~Ed Cunningham






You say boyfriend.... I say, best friend! You say fiance...... I say, best friend for life!!! We truely are the best of friends. I love that I'm marrying the man that makes me laugh.... nonstop!!! (and i'm going to speak for him, and say I make him laugh quite a bit as well :) ). We vent to each other about everything and anything, we comfort each other, we always have each other's backs, we defend each other and lets face it..... we do EVERYTHING together! For example:

We work together. Not only do we work at the same place..... but we work the same shifts. Our managers love us (if i do say so myself), and schedule us to come in at the same time every day. Not only that, but they will never cut one of us, without cutting the other. I must say.... it makes me enjoy my job a little more!

Church callings. Last year, we both helped my mom in the nursey (18-month-year-olds to 3 year-olds..... there was 22 of them..... want to talk about some serious birth control?? YIKES!!!) This year, I moved up with the 3 year olds to sunbeams in primary (3-12 year olds). And Erik just got called to teach the 4 year olds (9 out of 10 are boys..... maybe this will change his mind set in wanting all boys!) We help each other with our sweet, CRAZY little kids and prepare activities and control mechanisms together. It's a bit exhausting, but we have fun, and if nothing.... it's teaching us patience!

We live under the same roof.... we are planning the same wedding (weird... i know)... we can sit in our little spot and watch a movie, talk, bug each other, or laugh until we both have tears coming out of eyes. No matter what we're doing.... I love it! I love being around him.... and I just love him!!!

This post may seem a little random.... a little corney (*clearing my throat* sarah *cough*) but it was a thought I had at dinner the other night. Erik took me to a really nice brazilain resturant for Valentive's day last week (Mmmm....) and we both brought up that we've been dating for almost 4 years, engaged for 5 months, and will be married in less than 3 months.... crazy!!! What would life be without him?!? (I'd rather not find out)

Also...... I meant to do a Valentine's post.... but never got around to it (weird, right?) We actually had to work on Valentine's day (hurray.... one and only V-day we get as an engaged couple). But Erik made up for it by asking for that Saturday off and planning his date that night. He started off the morning by bringing me beautiful flowers and a cute teddy bear (so cute!). We then headed to Bed, Bath and Beyond and spent the next 4 HOURS registering for wedding gifts. Erik was so into it.... it was so cute! We had to hit every inch of the store (Erik loved the kitchen and appliances, I loved the bedding and decorating stuff.... we balance each other out well). We would go around and find the most ridiculous things to register for, and say "think anyone would buy us this?!" There was lots of out-of-control laughter, tears (from laughing so hard), snorting (from my end.... I can't help it!) and odd stares from other customers and employees.... we didn't care. We then went and took care of other errands and things that needed to be done.... then it was off to an amazing dinner! After dinner he was planning on taking me to see "Valentine's day".... but we both thought I would be fun to go bowling instead! We love bowling.... so we switched out the high heels for some sick bowling shoes, prepared for the black light, hit up thunder ally, and showed off our bowling skills! It was a lot of fun. After bowling, we got some ice cream and watched a movie and cuddled :). Amazing day!!! Thanks, my love!!!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute! I'm glad you had a good Valentine's date. (oh and I can't wait to see what you registered for)

    ReplyDelete