Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter Break..... *part two*

After returning from our 9 degree weather we recieved in Utah, we came home for a few days to work..... and then off we went to beautiful, 75 degree weather in Phoenix, AZ!

I love Arizona...... I went there for my first time for the superbowl and the Phoenix open (golf tournament) about 3 years ago, and have returned there every year since (convinced I will live there one day..... at least during the winter months). Erik has been there every year since his freshmen year of college for baseball camps (he loves it too.... that's a good sign!) We spent our weekend laying out by the pool, shopping, eating (and eating and eating some more), and went out dancing a few of the nights.

My best friend Sarah met us down there as well, she loves AZ just as much as we do! It was so much fun having her there!

 I didn't get many pictures, but the last day..... It was just Erik and I because our flight was later than everyone else's. We were wiped out, and didn't have much motivation to do anything, so we grabbed some lunch (I'm telling you, we really ate the whole time we were there), and then walked around Mill Ave. (ASU campus area in Tempe). We came across this huge park where people were playing their instruments, kids were riding their bikes, dogs were running with their owners, and their was a beautiful river where they were doing sailboat races. As corny as it may sound... I literally just stood on top of the hill and had to take it all in. We then grabbed some frozen fruit and joined everyone else on the grass. It was amazing! And the perfect Sunday afternoon.




It was an amazing weekend..... spent with amazing people!

I definately did not want to leave the palm trees, the beautful weather, the fun shops, or the relaxing vacation! But indeed, it was time to come home...... work, and start school back up. I'm actually excited for this semester! I'm taking some not-to-bad classes, and I'm even taking an advanced dance class two nights a week. It reminds me of the dance classes I took for 13 years growing up, that I've missed so much! However, not dancing for over 3 years really shows. I'm a bit rusty and not as flexible as I once was (yikes). Hopefully I don't make too big of a fool of myself! Erik on the other hand.... hard hard hard classes! And a ton of labs!! He, of course, is excited about it (always positive, that boy).
On top of working and classes..... this semester we are planning a wedding.... every little detail must come together (literally getting married the week after finals), finding a house or an apartment, and finding some time to spend together..... oh yeah, and applying to nursing school, building up our savings account, and preparing to be on our own for good (no more mom's cooking everynight)! This semester will fly by for us, but I have a feeling it will be a time in our lives we will cherish forever!!

*I promise to post the wedding updates tomorrow! I'll even post of few of the engagement pictures..... be excited :-)*

No comments:

Post a Comment