Monday, February 27, 2012

Dear Blog Readers~~~ Consider yourselves WARNED!

I am more surprised than anyone to realize that myself, my hubby, and my mom are not the only one that read this thing.  According to my reader tracker, there are indeed quite a few of you who stumble upon our page. So here is the plan---- Along with doing brother's countdown to come home post every month---- I have decided I am going to continue catching up from last year (ended with Mazatlan).  I was just going to do my "tribute to 2011" post, and call that a catch up- and start where I am---- but after looking back at all the post I have ever written- I enjoy all the memories each post has given me.  So I will be including a few more fun trips we took over summer and the holidays in "extended versions", and include a pregnancy journal along the way.  Sorry if this sounds boring to you.... but I am not good at keeping a journal and this is our best source of memories for now.... you have been warned.

Also, *WARNING* I am a nursing student.  Any student in the medical field is a bit odd.... and forgets what is appropriate in the "real world."  The way our bodies work is fascinating to me! I have watched "In the womb" and thousands of birthing movies in my career (yes, it seems like being a student has been a career for me) and NOTHING grosses me out, nothing appears too graphic.... it is just AWESOME!! I have also taken more sex ed and human sexuality classes than any one undergrad student should have ever taken, so if something I say sounds crude or innappropiate- I probably do not even realize it. SOOOO.... Why am I telling you this?? My pregnancy post may be pretty open. Pregnancy itself is awesome- what your body goes through, having a little cell replicate a million times and form a human, having a some person inside you growing and doing all it can to survive off your body---- crazy!! I will share the good, the bad, and the ugly--- along with some baby bump photos.  With that said- if I use the words "being knocked-up" or refer to Erik as "my babies daddy"- do not be offended. That's my sense of humor. I think pregnancy is beautiful and I'm so grateful to be a co-creater with the Man upstairs- but what's life without some light and humor?? You and have warned!

*Warning!!* In about 4 months this blog will be taken over by baby Fitz.  There will be picture overload- everything he does will be "the cutest thing ever" and I know I will be completely obbessed with this new little addition to our family (I mean really--- you have seen how obssesed I am with my dogs. This is a baby here!! And our baby at that).  There are some on facebook who don't understand that parents want to share EVERYTHING about their child- like when they "went pee pee in the toilet today!!" or the cute, funny things they say every 30seconds, or the picture overload in every single outfit anyone has ever gotten them--- I have been one of those people that didn't quite understand the obsession.  And although I still don't completely- I am getting a glimpse of it. So--- b/c our blog is titled "ERIK AND KIMBER"- I think it is fair game that people that come here, are here to hear about US! So--- don't get annoyed when everything is about baby Fitz and our growing family~ You have been warned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh everyone knows when a baby comes into the mix it turns into the childs blog. It's all us mothers do so it becomes our lives. If anyone ever has a problem with it then they just stop reading. I am excited for you to post more, please do and especially with what you learn. I love learning more about the body too. Right now I'm learning so much about the brain since Jackson has sensory problems and it's all fascinating. So many small details make our bodies work. I like watching c-section videos but once the stitches come into play count me out. It's weird I don't mind watching someone be cut open but watching them put that needle all the way through the skin, eww. So much joy and learning kids bring. Just don't ever get caught up jealousy over other kids progressing faster than yours or vice versa. Unfortunately it's a touchy subject with most first time moms and it drives me nuts. I like me a laid back mom! You'll be great! Get a pump if you're going to nurse and get a good one. Those suckers save lives and sanity. Learn how to use it at the hospital by the lactation consultant. Most of my friends and in-laws don't use them since they don't know how and when to do it. Frozen milk is the best especially since the husband can feed it in a bottle at night and it saves tons of money. :) If you ever need help with that area let me know. It's a very frustrating thing for 99% of moms and lots give it up after a week or two since they don't know how to do it or it hurts. That's when the pump comes into play.

    ReplyDelete