Thursday, July 29, 2010

Elder Update- Week 2

Just so you know....... Brother can email every friday. (so before his email or letter comes tomorrow.... I figured I should update on his second week at the mtc (last week).

Mother usually sends 2 or 3 emails a week, my dad sends one, all my sisters, and of course.... Erik and I have sent one every week. Not to mention his friends, his girlfriend, and other family that writes to him. He doesn't get much time to use the computer (think he gets about the time it takes for him to do a load of his laundry). So by the time he reads everyone's emails.... he doesn't have much time to respond (he can't type or read very fast haha.... just kidding!).

Anyway...... because he had to cut our email short, he wrote us a nice 2 page letter which we recieved in the mail last week! We were so excited. He went into more detail than he had in any of his emails. So here it is...

Elder Update!!
His spanish is getting so good!! It's funny to read his letters because he says some of his words in spanish.  I'm sure the majority of his classes and studies are in spanish.... and if he's like a lot of other missionaries, spanish is their 1st language for 2 years.... and they actually forget a lot of their english. I'm excited to talk to him on the phone over the holidays to hear some of that!! He wrote me his testimony in spanish even. Very neat! (Because I'm planning on printing out these blog entries and putting them in some sort of scrapbook for him.... i'm going to share his "first spanish testimony" with all my faithful blog readers.... and for him to look back on!)
              -"Yo testifico que JesuCristo, es Slvador y nosotros hijos de dios. Yo se Jose Smith es profeta de     dios. Yo se el libro de Mormon es verdadero y yo se la Iglesia de JesuCristo de los santos de los ultimos  dias es verdadero inglesia y Thomas Monson es profeda de dios.  En el nombro JesuCristo. Amen"

Not bad for a week and a half.... huh??? He also said.... "The MTC is great.... I'm getting a little pudge. I have been eating a lot.  I think I gained a little weight. My life in the MTC is eating y class y goofing around. I made a slingshot with mi compeneros on p-day. It was fun I'll send pictures later. " He mentioned that his first companion left (as I posted in my last update) and it was the worst day. He admitted to having a really hard time with it.  I told him that these first few weeks.... and probably months are going to be the toughest.  Getting home sick and going into this completely different world can't be easy! But I know Kade will get through it and be great! He is now the only Elder in his district that is going out of the country (I think he's really excited to get to spain). He still hasn't told us any new info on his visa.... or when he heads to Madrid (hopefully tomorrow's emails will have the good news!)

The rest of the email was just person stuff directed toward Erik and I. One part I thought was funny.... and if you know Kade's sense of humor you will just roll your eyes to "I think you will be prego soon. I know. The Lord told me. Me and him are like peanut butter and jelly these days." He's so dumb! But we love him!!

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates Kimbie. It was nice to hear a little more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading his updates! :) He is such a dork.. maybe he does know something tho?! ;) I'll be waiting for the news sooner or later :) bahaha

    ReplyDelete