Thursday, September 20, 2012

Watch this belly grow!!

My pregnancy in a nutshell (or a blog post....)

 
1st Trimester:
Hardest part of my day was making it to the shower. Once I made it that far I was good to go for the rest of the day. (Erik would bring me toast and a glass of water every morning to help me out of bed).
Never threw up. Rarely had nausea...... "preggie pops" were my best friend. I popped them liked skittles from weeks 8-11 (those were my "hardest" weeks with morning sickness- but really, they were not bad at all!). 
Oranges were my favorite!! Helped with headaches. 
Loved all fruit! Hated meat and eggs..... didn't really have much of an appetite at all. Lost 15 pounds.
Had it pretty dang easy!
(10 weeks)
 (12 weeks)

2nd Trimester:
My favorite!!! 
Never got sick. Had lots of energy. 
Found out baby Fitz was a boy at 19 weeks. 
FINALLY felt him kick at 20 weeks (Erik felt him the same day outside utero.... Yep. I'm not very observant.)
Had growing pains. Peed a lot! Kind of, sort of.... started feeling like I was actually making a tiny human inside.
Loved grilled cheese sandwiches! I could have eaten them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also, loved skittles and starburst!! Obviously started putting on the weight this trimester. 
Still hated meat and eggs.
 (14 weeks)
 (16 weeks)
 (18 weeks)
 (20 weeks)
 (22 weeks)
 (24 weeks)
 (26 weeks)
 (28 weeks)

3rd Trimester
Still loved being pregnant.  It flew by! Had lots of energy. Felt great. 
Had NO idea what growing pains were or what peeing every 10 second was until this trimester. 
Never got to the stage where I felt uncomfortable to do anything, or I couldn't sleep because I was trying to find the "right position."
Baby Fitz was a gymnast at this point.  
Had the biggest sweet tooth! I gained all 15 lbs I had lost the first few months.... plus some! I think I grew by the second in this trimester!
 (30 weeks)
 (32 weeks)
 (34 weeks)
(36 weeks)
 
 (37 weeks)

Whew---- that was one FAST pregnancy!
I loved being pregnant!! I am fascinated by that fact that I.... little old me..... made a human! I loved feeling him kick, get the hiccups on a daily basis, do cartwheels when he heard Erik's voice, jab my bladder while I was at work, and the constant feeling of knowing that my little guy was with me at all times.  Sure, there were many mornings I would look in the mirror and say things like "holy crap.... what is going on with my body?? Where did my belly button go??" There were def days where I didn't feel great, or beautiful.... or energized.... extremely hormonal..... But I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am so glad that I was able to experience this- my heart breaks in a million pieces for those who can't.
   
As much as I loved pregnancy, and lucked out with such an easy going one.... It was not all roses.  I was hospitalized and put on strict bed rest at 35 weeks. I will post all about that and the infamous delivery story for all you freaks (like me) who like the hear about that stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment