Friday, January 27, 2012

~~A tribute to 2011~~

January:
We returned home from our 2 weeks of holiday time in Washington.
Worked our hineys off to build back up our back account- which was almost depleted.
My sister and nieces came down to visit for a few weeks.
We started yet another crazy semester of school.


Febuary:
We had an amazing first valentine's day as husband and wife.
Participated in our first couple's massage (Erik loved it!)
New Mexico got smacked with a crazy winter storm-->
We were out of school and work, and without water for nearly an entire week.





March:
 School and work consumed our lives.
I managed to sneak away (invited myself) on a road trip to Phoenix with my parents and Kelsy
We hit up Mariners spring training.
Watched Kelsy's last soccer tournament, enjoyed shopping, and sunny Phoenix weather!
Erik got a new truck






April:
 Spring time came!!
Lots of BBQs, planting flowers, spending as much time outside as we could (our swamp cooler was still not turned on at this time). 
I started my CNA (certified nursing assistant) clinicals.
Erik continued to rock out his engineering courses. 






May:
We went shopping and got excited for Mexico!
Skyped bother for mother's day (first time we had seen him in nearly a year!)
Finished a crazy few weeks of finals!
I was able to work at a nursing home (40 hour weeks) for my final clinical time- Loved it!
Celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary!
Went to Mexico with my family!








June:
We began our first summer together with neither of us in summer school!!
We enjoyed life!!
We had plenty of date nights
Worked as often as we wanted
Celebrated my dad's 50th birthday
Went camping down at the lake with our friends!







July:
We got our house ready for a move.
We went to Washington for almost 3 weeks.
We stayed with my sister for a few days and saw friends from Moses Lake.
I was a bridesmaid in one of my best friend Erin's beautiful wedding.
We went camping at Lake Alta with Erik's dad's family.
We went to Montana for a week with Erik's mom's family.








 August:
Came home for a few days to move out of our house and into our new home!!
Headed right back out to visit my family in Utah for about 10 days.
My sister, bro-in-law, and nieces came down here to hang out!
Got sad to say goodbye to such an AWESOME summer!
Started back up, all too soon, yet another crazy semester of nursing and engineering classes!






 September:
Took lots of adjusting to get back into the swing of working and going to school.
Worked hard on turning our new house into our home!
Went camping for Erik's 25th Birthday!!










October:
We found out that we were going to be parents----- huge surprise!!!
Had to let the whole baby thing sink in---- and hold in such a big secret!
Got excited for fall time and Halloween.






November:
We went to our first doctor's appoint for baby Fitz.
I was exhausted--- and wanted to do nothing.
Erik's mom came to visit.
Did the whole "black Friday" shopping- got a new flat screen.
We enjoyed a quite but awesome thanksgiving with my family and Erik's mom.
And I apparently did not feel like taking any pictures this month.




December:
Went to our first ultra sound- Erik realized here there was, indeed, a baby!
Got excited for Christmas---- especially with the new house!
Focused on finals, and watched yet another semester pass us by.
Erik took me on a romantic getaway to Toas, NM for my birthday.
We were off to Utah to celebrate the holiday's with my family.
My family threw me a surprise baby shower!









 

What an AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING year 2011 was!!! Every year I say it, "there is no way anything will top this past year."  And every year--- it just keeps getting better. Thanks for all the fun and intimate memories 2011!! 2012 Has lots to live up to---- but I'm sure it too will exceed all expectations!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Eric and Kimber I'm really happy for you guys! I'm so happy and excited that you found each other :-)

    Love,
    Tak

    ReplyDelete