Sunday, July 31, 2011

~~Half time report~~ 2011

Life continues to be busy.... I continue to slack in the blogging world.
This post is dedicated to the first half of our 2011 year!! And what a great year this has been.... Here we go---->

Perhaps cheating here because this was over Christmas but still haven't documented these pictures so... who cares! Here I am with my new AWESOME cousins sledding in Montana @ the Ranch!
Erik, his cousin Zeb and brother Mark
Turner and I :)
My nieces were in New Mexico to greet us after we returned back from the holidays. I love them sooo much!! Seriously... how cute are they?
We shared an awesome first Valentine's day together as husband and wive (refer to previous post- I actually posted this event)
New Mexico had a huge "winter storm". It was -20 degrees... which poor New Mexico was not prepared for such conditions. We ran out of gas in some parts of the state which caused many to go without heat and evacuations were made. Lots of people's water pipes froze. Our pipes busted and caused a flood in our whole back yard and we were without of water for about 4 days. The whole town was pretty much shut down for a week. No school. No work. It was exciting!
Made a road trip to Phoenix Arizona with little sis Kelsy and the parents. (More details on this awesome trip in previous post).
Spring time came!!
Erik got a new truck!
School continued to take over our lives (and yes we are still OBSESSED with our dogs). Erik finished up the last of his ridiculously hard engineering math classes, but apparently didn't want to say goodbye and has decided to double major in a math degree. Gross!! He is such a nerd tho. He would always pull out his little white board and show me one of his math problems (that would take at least an hour to figure out) to try to intrigue me with his passion- didn't work. I got to do lots of hands on "nursing procedures" this semester and it just gets me more and more excited to pursue my passion of being a nurse.
Celebrating the end of a very LONG and busy semester of CNA clinicals. Ended with working at a nursing home. I LOVED IT!!! I did a little bit of everything. From changing hundreds of briefs (yeah, be jealous! I can do it like *snap* that now and not even smell anything or gag), to making beds, to transferring patients (even a 250lbs paralyzed male- impressed?), to filling and changing oxygen tanks, to taking all 5 vital signs on over a hundred patients all before lunch time, to yelling out BINGO cards and leading morning exercises. What an experience!! I loved (almost) all of my patients. I think I talked Erik's ear off for a least 2 hours every night.
*Side story- someone pulled the fire alarm our last day there. Do you know how difficult it is to transfer over a hundred old people outside not knowing if there was really a fire? It was hard- some are grumpy, some are over 400lbs and need special machines to lift them out of bed, some our on oxygen... you get the idea. I wheeled out as many as I could and was sprinting (yes, sprinting) in and out of that building like they were my own family. Toward the end I was in charge of the hardest patient to get out because nobody could "deal with him". He refused. He would listen to anyone. He kept swearing and saying things like "leave me here to die in the fire, I won't tell anyone." I got him outside by distracting him with conversations. I chatted with him about his kids, his home town, his baseball career. He would tell a story then look around and say "why the hell am I out here? This is so stupid. No no no!! Take me back to my bed!!" After about a half hour we were almost half way around the building- I said "um, hello (so and so)!!! If this was a real fire we would be dead by now... I'm about to throw your on my back and run you to where we are suppose to meet everyone." He laughed. Yep- laughed!! He never cracked a smile. He looked at me and said "why can't you be my nurse? You are the best!" Aw.... melted my heart. I fell in love with that man and will make it a point to continue visiting him!!
We got to skype brother for Mother's day! It was so good to talk to him and see him! He looked great, but was a little nervous so was kind of quiet at first. He hit his year mark a few weeks ago so I shall write a post on his updates sooN!
We celebrated our first year of marriage! We took the day off and Erik spoiled me with breakfast in bed, swimming, steak dinner, movie (my choice- "Something Borrowed") and Ben&Jerrys Ice cream, AND.....
Went to Mexico with my AMAZING family!! So so so much fun. Full post in detail and a crazy amount of pictures to come!
We celebrated dad's 50th birthday!! Mother planned a surprise party for him and he loved it (although he wouldn't admit it because he didn't want to "do anything" for it).
We went camping for a few nights with some awesome friends!!

We are in the middle of some pretty big and awesome things now. Hopefully it will be less then 2 months before I can share and update!! dom dom dom......

1 comment:

  1. lol. get used to lots of math in the future and lots of conversation about it. :) Luckily Jeff just minored in it so I didn't have to hear too much instead I get to hear about composites all the time. He's starting his masters in the fall so I guess I'll get to learn more, oh dear.

    Where were you when we had to change Great Grandpa's diapers and clothes?! Luckily the men got to bathe him.

    ReplyDelete