Saturday, April 10, 2010

Q: What's cuter than us???


Answer: NOTHING!!!!

My sister Crystal and my 2 nieces were down here to visit us a few weeks ago. I love my sister...... and my nieces! Crysti is so crafty and so fun to be around.  She always has so many projects to do for her home, and her girls..... I hope to be half the mom she is someday (don't worry.... that day won't be for a while)! We spent many nights playing cards, staying up until 2am talking and laughing and having "heart-to-hearts".  I look up to Crysti in so many ways, and I just hope she realizes how much I do love her and appreciate all she's done (from taking me to and from dance, being there for me through some of life's toughest trials and challenges, and just being an amazing person and sister), and still does (helping me with wedding plans, calling and talking to me for hours about anything and everything, and continuing to be my example) for me. 
Aubrey~ my cute niece....... makes me smile!!! She is such a sweet girl. She's very easy going, and does things at her own pace.  She's always been a bit shy, but it was so fun to see her break out of her shell while she was here.   
She loves her disney movies! I think she watched "Anastasia" and "Sleeping Beauty" about 27 times.
Me: "Hey Aubrey, how about we go outside and play"
Aubrey: "But this my fav-ite mooovy"
Me: "How many time have you seen this movie today?!"
Aubrey: "for twenty-eight yearrrrs"
Oh, ok. The things she came up with made me laugh. She's really getting a cute personality.
My other forvorite thing Aubrey says is, "Well......" She literally would say "well...." in front of everything she would say, and would truely look like she was thinking very hard about what you said, or about what she was about to say.
Me: "Aubrey, are you going to do gymnastics when you're big?"
Aubs: "Well...... yes."
Me: "Oh cool, can I come watch you?"
Aubs: "Well.... alright."
Me: "Thanks. Should we go to the zoo today?"
Aubs: "Well.... that sounds fun."
HA.... so cute, right??
Whenever I would ask Aubrey to smile at the camera...... she would look the other
way and cross her arms......
Olivia~ on the other hand would be tapping me on the back of the leg..... "Cheesh, cheesh!!!" Want to talk about complete opposites?? These little girls are totally opposite of each other.  Don't get me wrong, they are both beyond adorable, and very funny, but as far as personalities..... very different!
Livy was almost 2 when she was here. She had grown so much since I had seen her at christmas, and was talking so much more! This little girl would repeat EVERYTHING you would say. And was communicating quite well "ilk"- milk. "poopies"- diaper change. "namies"- pajamas. "ug"-hug (usually said in between cries). "side"-she wanted to go outside. "buh-byes"- she was bored and ready to move on to bigger and better things. "azy"- crazy. "ince"- prince (they call erik "prince erik" from the little mermaid). She could say almost everyones name, and if you asked who was who, or what was what she would know, and point. I taught her how to say "peace out"- she released quite a bit of salivia while saying this clever phrase, so beware if you're face to face with her..... other than that, soooo cute (and she knew it..... she would smile every time she would say it). Mother taught her "dane-it"- dangit. My mom thought it was so funny. And Livy would run into the living room where we would all be gathered, and yell "dane-it" and run off.
Prince Erik and Olivia...... Not the best picture, but I thought it was cute. And shows how tiny Olivia is (compared to big Erik..... probably not that fair. You're good, Livy!)
But Livey doesn't let her size stop her! She IS the boss. If she's playing barbies, or eating, or whatever it is.... she'll just grab toys, or your candy (usually from Aubrey) "mine".  Aubrey usually just says, "oh, babies?" and gives her anything she wants. See what I mean by opposites? She would also just grab anyones fingers, and drag them where ever she wanted to go. She may be little, but she's so dang cute! Who could resist?
Little Livy is like the energizer bunny. She would sleep until noon (any other 2 year old out there that does that?)..... but would go go go until all hours of the night.  She's a bit stubburn..... everything I would say to her, she would simply reply "nope"- that word was very clear, and very much used (Crysti's got a handful). She's also very independent. No matter how difficult the task may be, if livy is determined to do it.... livy's going to do it! She does not like anyone helping her. For instance: one night I took her up to get her pj's and a diaper. This girl loooves her diaper (she hugs it every time she see's one, and Crysti says she sometimes has to sleep with one-besides the one she wears.). So she got very excited when I gave her a diaper, and then I was looking for her pajamas, and she yelled "aub-ee, aub-ee!" I turned to see if Aubrey was there. "Aub-ee namies, aub-ee namies!!" She was screaming and laughing and was just so excited. Okay... take Aubrey's pajamas to her. "oh.... are these your nammies, Livy??" The excitement began all over again "yyy-eah!!!!!! livy's nammies!" She insisted on hoding her pj's, aubrey's pj's, her diaper, and aubrey's pull-up. When we approached to the stairs, I tried to help her.... but she would freak out and start crying.  Alright, fine... have it your way. I think it took a good 15 minutes.. and she would continue dropping one of her items (and then another item when she would bend over to pick up the original dropped item), but she did it!! 
Another quick funny story about Aubrey (sorry, I couldn't move these pictures up with the rest of aubrey's pictures). Anyway.... Crysti and I were having a heart to heart one night (about 1am). Aubrey slowly walked to the table where we were....
Crysti: "Aubrey, go back and lay down or we're going to turn off your movie"
Aubrey: "but..... I have m-ynms in my yammies."
Crysti: "What? You have m&ms in your tummy?"
Aubrey: "Nooo..... I have m-and-ms in my YAMMIES!"
Me: "I think she said, she has m&ms in her pajamas"
Crysti (very confused): "You have m&ms in your yammies?"
Aubrey (relieved): "Yeah!!!"
Crysti: "oh...... why do you have m&m's in your pjs?!"
*Aubrey and I are dying laughing*
Crysti (seeing how random and funny this is) "does that mean they're all the way down at your feet?"
Aubrey (smiling ear to ear): "well...... yeah."
They were footed pj's, so crysti had to unzip them all the way, reach her hand down by her feet.... she pulled out multilple peanut m&ms. "Is that all??"
Aubrey: "um... no"
Really?? Crysti continued to dig down both pant legs. After multiple m&ms and lots of good laughs, Aubrey seemed content and back to her bed and movie she went.
I could sit in one room with my sister and nieces and be perfectly content. But don't worry.... we didn't. We went to the park, we played outside quite a bit, did lots of shopping, rode a carasal (olivia: "horsey *hahaha* tute"), met the easter bunny, did some wedding stuff, and just enjoyed each others company.
Sorry this post is ridiculously long. I'm obsessed with my nieces!!! Can you tell?? I adore them beyond believe, and can't get enough of them. Erik loves them too! Every time he would walk in the door from work or school they would run up and give him a hug. Or every time they he left Aubrey would ask him where he was going.... and why. After they left, Erik said "man, now who am I going to play with??" (Um.... I'm right here!!) But needless to say, we were sad to see them go.  Wish we were closer to them (And crysti and scott!!), but in the meantime.... We'll just enjoy their visits. Please come back and visit us soon!!! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kimbie for the sweet post. I am glad someone else thinks my kids are as cute as I do.

    ReplyDelete